Psalm 100:1-2 – Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into His presence with singing! ESV Look at all those exclamation points! I wonder if the Psalmist wants us to get up and get excited?! I can just see them now all excited in front of the church body – “You people – get excited! Make joyful noise! Sing! Serve with some enthusiasm!” He’s all hyped up on Red Bull, or whatever they had back then. Or maybe he’s just hyped up and overflowing with gratefulness and love for the Lord? I’m going to guess the latter. I’ll be honest – any song I sing or sounds that come out of my mouth are not the prettiest – noise would be a more accurate description of what I produce so I appreciate the verbiage here! Needless to say, I didn’t come to Nashville to make it in the music business. Ask my kids when I belt out old school Alanis Morrissette in the truck if that’s an accurate statement! I like to sing in my house when everyone is at work and school. I love this time and time in the truck to myself to sing. Who cares if those driving past you think you look nuts singing your heart out and raising your hand while you drive? At least keep the one hand on the wheel and your eyes open! I had a friend once talk to me about her never ending thoughts and anxiety that comes with it and I’m all, “Sing! You can’t praise God and stress out at the same time – we are too simple for that!” It’s very Biblical to sing in church. I love that my church plays the worship music so loudly that I can’t hear myself or others sing. I don’t want to hear them and they don’t want to hear me, but collectively it sounds beautiful! These verses tell us to sing and to serve with gladness and joy. We are to be so full of love that we gladly want to serve. Are you serving anywhere? The beautiful piece of being individuals and unique is that not only did God make us in His image but He placed talents and desires in us that would be fulfilled as we use them for serving others and in turn serving Him! We get fulfilled when we get to use the things deep in our hearts – it’s a total win-win! Let the love God has poured into you be poured out in your song and in your service!
About The Author
Join our community!
- God In The Midst October 2, 2022Truth of the Week: In the Midst Psalm 46:5 – God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn. What does it mean to be in the midst of something? The Hebrew word for midst is qereb, and means “among, inner part, middle […]Jenny Cioto
- Don’t Give Up! September 12, 2022Don't Give Up The post Don’t Give Up! appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King
- Meal Planning September 1, 2022School season is upon us, whether you are homeschooling, public school, or private. Either way, the fate of packed schedules, school times, and activities are coming for you. Family life sometimes can feel like you can’t catch your breath. Yet, so commonly, the thing I see slide in working with people is nutrition. The quick […]Jenny Cioto
- Me He Restored – Thorn in My Side Part 2 August 15, 2022The post Me He Restored – Thorn in My Side Part 2 appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King
- Prayer for our Children July 18, 2022The post Prayer for our Children appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King
- Economy Fear June 30, 2022Concentrate on what you can control in your situation. And give your anxiety to the Lord. The post Economy Fear appeared first on Pursuing true North.Jenny Cioto
- The Good Wife June 15, 2022The good wife is great, but the excellent wife is the crown of her husband The post The Good Wife appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King
- Defeat a Negative Body Image May 16, 2022The post Defeat a Negative Body Image appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King
- Encourage Each Other May 3, 2022Encourage one another. Spring has sprung down here in middle Tennessee. It’s a beautiful time of year and my favorite. There might be a little too much work around a farm right now, but that’s OK. I’d rather be too busy living this life God gave me than idle. There is definitely something to that […]Jenny Cioto
- Why do we Celebrate Easter? April 16, 2022Why do we celebrate Easter? This is the most googled search after the word *why* on google search. I find it interesting that with as much going on...... The post Why do we Celebrate Easter? appeared first on Pursuing true North.Catherine King